- Image of parameters in the scene
- Automatic diagnostics of diamond shift during scanning process
- Automatic diagnostics of hit of the vertex of Table facet of scanned diamond to the holder hole
- Reports for semipolished diamonds and for arbitrary cuts
- Improved reports for RBC, Marquise, Pear, Oval cuts, which are considered the specificity of these cuts
- Greatly better building of fancy cuts such as Marquise, Pear, Oval
- Time of scanning is decreased significantly
- Modes of scanning were changed and improved
1. Image of parameters in the scene
After scanning and building of model you can see information about model in the scene. For switching on of this tool please click by the button of mouse on the
"Info" in the toolbar of panel Scan polished diamond.
Information consists of sections with parameters of three-dimensional model of stone (at the top right and
left corners) and section with parameters of two-dimensional
current projection which you see in present moment in the Scene.
In case of movement or rotation of model information of 2D-projection is ever-changed. It corresponds
to projection in the scene plane. When you rotate model in arbitrary position then program shows information about facets
whose azimuths of normals is more closed to scene plane.
Information includes next values of parameters (see figure 2):
- At the bottom you can see current diameter and difference between current and minimal values of diameter in parentheses.
- Upper there is information about stone crown: angles and heights (in mm and in %) opposite facets (in case of main
facets you can see “Cr” near values, in case of upper facets you can see “Up”) whose normals (exactly azimuths of normals)
are the most closed to scene plane.
- Upper there is information about stone pavilion: angles and depths.
Note that minimal value of parameter is shown in red color, maximal value of parameter in green color (see figure 2).
Section with total information of 3D model is at the top of Scene. There are weight of stone, total height in mm and %, minimal, average and maximal values for diameter,
table, bezel girdle thickness, pavilion angle and depth, crown angle and height, culet size.
2. Automatic diagnostics of diamond shift during scanning process
During scanning process stone can be shifted from its primary position because of rotation of motor. In
this case program automatically determines shift and after scanning process you will see message "Critical offset of
stone during scan" (see figure 3). Program doesn't build model if stone is shifted. Press ok. You will see red message in
the Scene "Critical stone offset is ….mm" until rescanning. Please check work of pump and scan stone once again.
3. Automatic diagnostics of hit of the vertex of Table facet of scanned diamond to the holder hole
During scanning one or some vertexes of stone table may be situated in the holder hole. Program defines
this mistake and after scanning and building of model message will be appeared: "Probably model was built incorrect:
The table of diamond is inside holder hole. Change diamond position and scan again". (See figure 4). Please follow
these instructions and don’t use wrong model in future.
4. Reports for semipolished diamonds and for arbitrary cuts
Menu Report was changes in new version. Thus it consists of reports for semipolished diamonds and improved reports for fancy cuts (see figure 5).
Menu Report includes some submenus:
- "Set default menu for cutting" - you can choose default action which will be realized after you push button "Report" (near button "Scan" in right block of panel "Scan polished
diamond") - you can choose operation of printing or opening of any type of report. Last button is for printing of labels (Label Printer device is necessary).
- "Automatically print report" – if you mark this action then after scanning and building of model program automatically will execute default operation (see above).
- "Print Report" and next menu "Open Report". You can print and open in MS Word any type of report. If
you work with semipolished diamond then choose action "Full color report for semi-polished brilliant" or "Full
B&W report for semi-polished brilliant". If you work with rounded fancy cuts (Marquise, Oval or Pear) then
choose "…report for rounded fancies". If you work with rectangular cuts then choose "…for rectangular
fancies". Please don’t forget necessary cutting in right block of panel "Scan polished diamond" before
- "Export report Data" is necessary for export data in application which was choosed by user.
- "Export report Data for compare" is necessary for test and check of repeatability of results.
- "Print Label". You can print label if you have installed device "Dymo Label Printer" on your computer.
- "Export model…". You can save existing model in files with extensions *.osf and *.dmc and import it in different applications.
5. Improved reports for RBC, Marquise, Pear, Oval cuts, which are considered the specificity of these cuts
New templates of reports are accessible for Helium System users.
Besides new design of reports the following parameters were added:
6. Greatly better building of fancy cuts such as Marquise, Pear, Oval
7. Time of scanning is decreased significantly
The overall improvement (scanning and building of model) in the speed is about 25%.
||Quantity of contours
||Time of scan mode, sec
||Time of build mode, sec*
||Total time, sec
|* Time of work is measured with help of diamonds: symmetrical RBC 0.55 ct, asymmetrical RBC 0.37 ct (Quick and
Accuracy) and Marquise 0.32 ct (Hi accuracy). Time of build mode depends on quantity of dust on the stone surface and mass
and cutting form of stones, it can change from time to time within the limits of 5 sec.
Computer: CPU 3.0 GHz (Hyperthreading), RAM 512 Mb.
8. Modes of scanning were changed and improved
Method "Optimum" was changed and now it takes about 23 sec and at the same time accuracy
of this method only 1,5 times less than "Accuracy" mode which takes about 45 sec. Now program has following existing methods:
- Quick - method for express diagnostic of average values of stone. Program uses 100 photos.
- Optimum - optimal method for estimation of large array of stones for a short time. Program uses 200 photos.
- Accuracy - best method for estimation of parameters of separate facets. Recommended method for using and grading of separate
RBC diamonds. Program uses 400 photos.
- Hi Accuracy - method for fantasy stones. Program uses 800 photos.
- Test - method for tuning and calibration of system. Method is used only by dealers of OctoNus Company.